
Happy Mother's Day to me...and to all of you! I have spent a lot of time yesterday and today reflecting on my short time as a mother and the seemingly LONG time I spent as a barren wife. I remember so many Mother's Days when I didn't want to go to church and hear a sermon on how wonderful it was to have/be a mother. I didn't want to go to church because I knew I would spend the entire hour crying and pleading to God for answers on why I couldn't become a mother. I would look around me, and think of all my friends and family who seemed to have children so easily and without even really having time to "want" motherhood. I desired it so deeply, yet God kept telling me, "Not yet, my child."
Then I remember Mother's Day of 2004 when we had the strong hope of becoming adoptive parents soon. I cried in church that Mother's Day Sunday, too.
Then there was Mother's Day 2005. I sat in church with my arms full, literally, of 2 infants!! I cried that Sunday, too. God had greatly blessed us, and answered my prayers in His time, with two beautiful healthy children. I had the honor of celebrating my first Mother's Day with not one, but two, babies. Each born at separate times, in their own special ways, and blessing their mom more than they will ever know.
Throughout my journey to motherhood, I clung to the verse that titles my blog. I praise God for the trials He brought me through to make me into the Mother I am today, and I can trust that He still has wonderful plans for me and my family in the days to come!
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

1 comment:
I remember those days, too. I feel blessed to have known you then and witness your faith even when prayers seemed unanswered. It makes me celebrate all the more with you. I love you, Happy Mother's Day to a great mom!
Post a Comment