Thursday, October 20, 2011
A Lost Tooth That Is...Lost
Maiya lost her second tooth, and then, she lost it! She had been working on this tooth for quite awhile and it was barely hanging in her mouth. She wasn't quite ready to pull it out. We went to a high school volleyball game and she was sitting a couple rows in front of me, eating popcorn with friends. She walked up to me and said, "Mommy! My tooth came out!" "Are you bleeding, do you need a kleenex or something? Where's the tooth?," I quickly asked. "Mommy, I don't know. I was just eating and realized it wan't there anymore," she answered. After searching the bleachers with lots of help from friends, we could not find the tooth. We looked through the remaining popcorn in her bag, and no tooth. So she came to me again and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, can you just write a note to the tooth fairy telling her I lost my tooth at the gym?"
When we got home, she decided she would write the note herself.
She was excited in the morning to see that the tooth fairy had accepted the note and left $1 under her pillow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment