The event was called the Kellogg's Tour of Champions. Prior to the show, Kellogg's hosted an Exercise and Nutrition course for the girls to try. Maiya, of course, thought it was easy! They did different walking patterns on the balance beam while holding a medicine ball.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Kellogg's Tour of Champions, Colorado Springs 2012
Maiya and I got to have a road trip with some of our best friends this past weekend. We traveled to Colorado Springs to watch the U.S. Olympic gymnastic teams! It was a little gymnasts' dream come true!
These girls have fun together no matter where we are!
The event was called the Kellogg's Tour of Champions. Prior to the show, Kellogg's hosted an Exercise and Nutrition course for the girls to try. Maiya, of course, thought it was easy! They did different walking patterns on the balance beam while holding a medicine ball.
Then did push-ups on some small bars and...
lifting their body weight while balancing on the small bars.
They had mini-tramps to practice body control.
And, a little test of flexibility. (Maiya is to the left of the instructor.)
At the end of the physical challenge, the participants would spin the wheel and have to answer a question about nutrition. Maiya's question was, "are Rice Krispies made from real rice?"
Maiya and her friend posed after they completed the challenge. They were selling these boxes of cornflakes (normal cereal box sized) for $5.
We had such a great time. This weekend was a good test of how I am doing physically. My friend was careful to keep tabs on me, and I did my best to pace myself. I got along really well and am so thankful for how I am progressing. There have been many days in the past two years when I thought a weekend like this would never be possible again! Who am I to question God??
My friend snapped a pic of Maiya and I during the show. The picture makes us look pretty far away from the floor, but we actually were pretty close!
I wasn't able to get any good pictures with my camera, so I am borrowing a few from my friend. The lights were kept very low and there were spotlights here and there, with lots of blue. Here is the gold medal women's team, a.k.a. "The Fierce Five."
Here, Gabby Douglas finished her bar routine. The rest of the team is standing beside her.
Maiya's favorite, Jordyn Wieber, during her floor routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This just makes me smile, Marsha! So glad you got to do this with Maiya and what a neat event to go to for her! God is Good!
Post a Comment